COVID-19 related Terms & Conditions
The following terms & Conditions do not supersede the Terms & Conditions as shown on the UniLife Experiences website and booking confirmation documents, but are intended to serve as clarification for customers and groups travelling with UniLife Experiences as their supplier around Covid-19, and the particular instances that may arise in relation to the pandemic.
It is important to note that, like other travel providers at this time, we refer to the Foreign Commonwealth Office for guidance on international travel and the safety of destinations we travel to.
Once you have agreed to use UniLife Experiences as your supplier in contract, we agree to abide by the following steps in these scenarios:
1. If you are travelling exclusively via coach, bus or ferry
- In the event of a Nation-wide or regional lockdown and travel is prevented, prior to 14 days before your departure date (where that region is encompassing of the University campus/headquarters that your group is based), we will continue to treat the trip as still going ahead, with the hope that the lockdown ends before this and the trip is able to go ahead.
- If a lockdown is still in place once the date of 14 days before your departure passes, or commences within 14 days of your departure, we will work with you to find a suitable date to reschedule the trip. If this is not possible, we will provide your group with a full refund and return of payment.
- Any cancellation by you, ‘the group’, outside of these terms will fall under our cancellation policy in Section 6 of our Terms & Conditions.
2. If you are travelling via flight:
- In the event of a Nation-wide or regional lockdown and travel is prevented, prior to 14 days before your departure, (where that region is encompassing of the University campus/headquarters that your group is based), we will continue to treat the trip as still going ahead, with the hope that the lockdown ends before this and the trip is able to go ahead.
- If a lockdown is still in place once the date of 14 days before your departure, or commences withing 14 days of your departure, and the flight has not been cancelled by the airline, we will provide a refund of the trip cost, minus the flight cost, including admin fees.
- In the event that your flight is delayed or rescheduled, we will do what we can to work with you to limit the impact the change has on your trip. We are under no obligation to provide compensation or alter other aspects of the trip that may incur cost.
- In the event the flight is cancelled by the Airline provider, we will be able to provide a full refund, minus any admin fees. We reserve the right to distribute this to you in the form of a voucher of equivalent cash value if necessary.
- In the event of a destination acquiring a ‘red’ rating and a mandatory 10-14 day self-isolation period being instated upon return to the UK from said destination, we reserve the right to look at viable options to reschedule the trip, or change the destination, with your agreement. If there are no reasonable options at a similar price (at our discretion) or cheaper, as agreed by you, the trip will go ahead as planned.
- If there is a mandatory isolation period of more than 12 hours upon arrival at a destination for all participants regardless of vaccination status, we will cancel the trip.
- In the event of a destination being open to travel but having severe restrictions such as a curfew, the closing of hospitality venues and/or museums, we reserve the right to run the trip as planned or cancel the trip at our discretion.
- Any Cancellation by you, ‘the group’, outside of these terms will fall under our cancellation policy in Section 6 of our Terms & Conditions.
- In the event of cancellation and a refund as laid out in these Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right to provide this refund in 2 instalments. This is will be contingent on us being able to secure a cash refund from our suppliers.
- UniLife Experiences takes absolutely no responsibility for any illness incurred by participants on trips provided by us as a result of Covid-19.
- We encourage participants to take lateral flow tests prior to departure to make sure they are healthy to travel.
- We encourage all participants to take necessary precautions, such as the use of face masks and hand sanitizer, while travelling with us.
- We take absolutely no responsibility for Participants’ actions in relation to self-isolation after the trip. We encourage all participants to follow Government guidelines in this regard.
- Any cancellation by participants prior to departure as a result of illness, quarantine or self-isolation are not our responsibility and shall fall under our cancellation policy in Section 6 of our Terms & Conditions.
5. Testing and Vaccinations
- We encourage all participants to get fully vaccinated against Covid-19, including any booster vaccination.
- We take no responsibility or liability if you are denied entry to your destination or any establishments visited on the trip due to your vaccination status.
- It is your responsibility to follow any/all testing required, at your own expense, to allow you to enter your destination.
- It is your responsibility to find out and adhere to the relevant entry requirements for your destination in relation to vaccinations and testing. Any information provided by us is for guidance only, and should be double-checked by yourself on the relevant government website.
6. Cancellation by us:
As a continuation of section 20 of our Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right to remove participants and cancel their booking immediately if:
- We believe them to be putting themselves or other participants at risk of infection by knowingly disregarding governmental advice on limiting the spread of coronavirus.
- They have confirmation of infection while on a trip with us.
- They start displaying symptoms of the virus (as laid out on the NHS website) during a trip with us. Participants should purchase their own travel insurance to cover their own costs incurred in instances such as this.
- They have failed to acquire and produce required evidence of their vaccination status where required.